Write for us
Here`s how it works:
Check out our site. We’re a little different than the average website and damn proud of that! See if you think you could add something into the mix.
Answer the below questions and email your answers along with a writing sample to: email@example.com
- What`s your name?
- Write 300 words about what qualifies you to write for us? (Journalism credentials, education , and/or your friends always tell you how great a writer you are)
- How often would you be able to publish a story? (We are looking for GREAT writing. Once a month, twice a week, and everything in between – it all works for us!)
- Looking at our site what would you be interested in writing? Be as specific as possible. (Don`t just say culture if you’re interested in writing about TV. And don`t say TV if your only interested in writing about 30 minute cartoon shows on FX. Just tell us you want to write about Archer. We can`t read your mind)
- Submit a current 400-600 word writing sample. (Its best when the pieces are samples of Modern ViewPoint style writing and not academic works, but if you think it best shows us who you are as a writer – send it in)
- In 100 words or less please describe who your sample audience for your writing samples was, be as specific as possible. (Don`t just say Archer fans, but young Archer fans who appreciate the show’s cavalcade of sneaky pop culture references)
Someone from our team will get back to you within two weeks (no matter what). If you’re a good fit we will give you an assignment.
If your first assignment comes back on time, and in a publishable state you’re now in our MVP contributor’s network.
Work your way up through the contributor’s network. As a part of the contributors network you’re eligible for prizes, and cash bonuses. And if you make it to the top of our contributor’s network, you can potentially be asked to become a staff writer and be paid a flat rate for every article you write. We only promote from within, every editor we have started as a contributor. It`s that simple.